06 February 2010

Flowers the Color of Gold

One of the great side benefits of the trip to Ecuador was the relative abundance of flower species new to me. I don't know whether or not I was there during the best season for flowers, but it was plenty good for me. And as with birds, the urge to record each new species with my camera sometimes left me lagging behind the other birders. So here is some of what I captured digitally with my camera - using mostly the small point-and-shoot I mentioned previously. The names of many shall remain unknown but I may note the group/family they belong to if I'm aware of it.

Possibly a legume?
No idea on these!The following two seem to be members of the Heliconia group - with leaves like banana trees.As you might expect, the wet climate was conducive to the growth of many mushroom species.
A honeysuckle type?A Bromeliad!
Orchids a plenty!
Don't know this one!This Lupine species was fairly common at higher elevations - 10,000'+. It was more woody than herbaceous.Next are the Hummingbirds. Wish I could post them all - but I'll provide my Flickr site address so you can see more there.

No comments:

Post a Comment