22 July 2009

Ancillary Benefits - Viewing Montana History

There are some really great ancillary benefits to all of the bird and bug chasing I do. Viewing relics of Montana's past is one of them! In many areas of rural Montana, there are old homesteads, barns, mining relics, wooden grain elevators, vehicles and other living history "books" that give one a great view into how people lived many years ago. I don't always take the time to stop and photograph these great old reminders of the past, but I'm getting better at it. Here are a few of the images I've managed to record in the past several months.

Western Montana generally sports a bit of a different look from the relics of the eastern plains.
But in terms of quantity and quality, the old abandoned homesteads of the east are hard to beat because of their bucolic nature.
I sure hope these "living" pieces of history are still standing when our grandchildren are old enough to appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment